Montreal: Google made a huge sound with its latest Android version i.e. the Android lollipop. As it got a great response, Google decided to launch some device specific versions of the update with some evolutions. Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is the result of it and is planned to be rolled out for Sony Xperia Z series and some other devices. Few Xperia Z1 owners who got the news about the latest update are eagerly waiting for its release. But it’s still in the final stage of development; so the users who are so curious about the update can try installing CyanogenMod CM12 series custom ROM.
But the users have to keep in mind that the software is a bit unstable and has some flaws in it. But good news is that the development process is in final stage and it will be launched within few weeks. But some features like theme engine, sound panel customization, settings customization and others are not included in CM12 nightly version. So before taking up the software into the device, users have to think twice on upgrading.
Below mentioned are some things to be followed in prior to the installation:
- In prior to the installation of CM12 custom ROM, users have to update their third party addons in order to ensure compatibility.
- While installing this update, the incompatible apps will be removed from the system partition and the users have to install a compatible application to get that functionality back.
- The Z1 users must be having Android Lollipop compatible recovery before installing CM12 ROM on their device. Also, they must make sure that the device is rooted before proceeding with the installation.
- Your smartphone shouldn’t fall short of memory while installing the custom ROM; so make sure that you have the backup of all the data so that you will not lose the data even if you delete some.
- If the users haven’t installed USB drivers on their PC’s, their smartphone will not be detected by the computer.
- Finally, the device’s battery charge must be more than 80%; because, there are some chances of the device getting bricked if the installation process is interrupted.
Easy steps to install CyanogenMod Android 5.0.2 Lollipop custom ROM on Xperia Z1:
- Download the latest version of Android CM12 custom ROM into your PC.
- Connect your device to the PC via USB cable.
- Now, place the firmware.zip and Google apps.zip files into the device’s SD card. It’s advised to place the files in the root of the SD card and not in any folders.
- Once the .zip files are copied, turn off the device and disconnect it from the PC.
- Later, you can perform normal recovery by simultaneously pressing home, volume up and power buttons.
- Once you enter the recovery mode, you can clean up phone’s memory by restoring the factory settings. When you are in the recovery mode you can use volume keys to navigate and power button to select.
- You can now clear your cache memory by choosing ‘wipe cache partition’.
- After clearing the cache memory, get back to ClockworkMod recovery and clear dalvik cache. This step is optional; but if you clear dalvik cache you will not be facing any face boot errors.
- Now, get back to the main recovery screen and tap on ‘install zip from SD card’. This lets you choose the zip file; choose the custom ROM and proceed with the installation.
- Once the installation process is completed, navigate to ‘++ go back ++’ and restart the device by tapping on ‘reboot system’.
Fortune Innovations Montreal is a well-known Android app development company offering the best Android app solutions to the clients across the globe. Our deft Android developers have complete understanding on latest development trends and are capable of providing astonishing applications. Please get in touch with us and glean the benefits of our Android app development services.